Thursday, January 13, 2011

MUSIC! - My JPop Artist Spotlight: Suneohair

My husband and I have this thing. We love watching Japanese Anime. He introduced it to me while we were dating; I was going through a difficult time of my life (loss of a loved one), and the anime really cheered me up a little. The Anime series was called "Peach Girl".

It's been about 3 years now, and I've watched countless anime DVDs since then. Thanks to Japanese Anime, I've been loving Japanese Pop music. Anyway, hubby and I normally watch the DVDs together, some with my mom (she likes them too).  Now I've advance to watching a few series DVDs by myself. This leads me to My JPop Spotlight Artist.  So many things I love about Japanime - the characters, the silly puns, guessing the voice actors characters...but the anime thing I dig the most, is the MUSIC!

HONEY and CLOVER is a series I just finished watch a few weeks ago. I briefly touched on this anime in  my Random Thoughts - Aspirations, Fashion, and JPop post. I'm crazy about the songs that was played throughout this series, especially the closing songs of the first and final seasons. Those two songs are my absolute favorites, and both of them are by this JPop artist named Suneohair.

His songs are well written (click on the song names below to read the lyrics translated in english), the melodies are nostalgic and makes me all warm and fuzzy inside, and he has a HUGE discography.  I haven't listened to all his songs yet, but what I've heard so far is really good. The harmonies are beautiful (I love me some good harmonies); his songs are full of range, nowhere near monotonous. I love that. I hate to listen to an album that is full of "Johnny One-note" type songs. Anyway...

 Have a listen, and let me know what you think!

WALTZ - a nice peppy tune. My friend says it reminds her of a Cardigans song. Hehehe, it does!




SPLIT - a nice mellow toe-tapping tune. When I listen to this song, I think of driving on a nice scenic road (like HWY 29 - Napa Valley) on a misty afternoon.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Great post!!! Love the Waltz song ;)

RishaBelle said...

Cool! I'm glad you like this post, and the waltz song! I look forward to posting about more JPop songs in the future.

Anonymous said...

Split... what a sad song. The upbeat melody really masked these emotions