Monday, February 7, 2011

MUSIC! More on the Anita Baker Tribute - Tamia

Yes I know. I'm slow about writing these Anita Baker music posts. I know it's old news, but oh well. It's my blog and I can write what I wanna. But I do agree I am laggin'...I blame life.  ANYWAY!!! 

The second performer that took part singing in the oh so sweet Anita Medley was  TAMIA, such a throwback performance. It was classic Tamia. You Put a Move On My Heart, Officially Missing You, So Into You...are all great Tamia songs, but hearing her sing her rendition of Anita's song "Giving you the Best That I Got" was such a treat! Watch her 2:15 second performance [here]Her clear and controlled vocals were so refreshing to the ears.

Oh, and that "on my wedding ring" (when she winked and pointed  to her wedding ring) part was niiiiiiiiice.  I felt like I could relate to that cute little subtle shout out to her hubby Grant Hill.  So sweet. Might I add, her shoes and Neck Piece were too tough.  I want them...!









2 comments:

Entertainment writer said...

Hey girl, it's interesting that you would post a lot of info on the Sou Train awards. I actually attended the show as press and one of my favorite moments, was that of the Anita Baker performances, R. kelly opening the show and Faith Evans and El Debarge at the pre-show. One of the best award show's thus far! I was truly entertained!

RishaBelle said...

You were there? I'm so jealous. Yeah, it's funny I keep writing about it, and I'm not done. Still got Goapele and Dionne Farris to go.